Augusto
Esquivel is a Miami-based artist who decorates
and designs sculptures from buttons hanging by wires. He represents various
objects. Augusto Esquivel’s Contemporary Art Gallery is located in Miami.
The buttons that he is using are giving the sculptures unique appearance. One of the successful designs that I like is
the design of a Piano. His impressive sculpture looks absolutely hard and
exactly copied into the musical instrument. This is an interesting way to
design a sculpture because it is like giving a new life to the item that you
have not been using or you have never thought to use differently. I am obsessed with his design. In my opinion
this can be one of the organized chaos’s that we can ever see. Each piece of a button
needs to carefully coordinate a space, shape and color in order to create an illusionary
sculpture. It is not only coping the piano with buttons hanging by wires,
besides that you need to create 3D illusion which makes the work even harder.
The buttons look really simple as they are on your clothes, but they become a
unique work of art as they become a sculpture. I am impressed that he can work with
thousands of buttons and not to tangle any of them. It is great idea of using
buttons to create as a work of art because it is an effective solution. I do
not think that it is possible to buy one of the button sculptures, but as a
person who is interested in design, I would be more than happy to visit Miami
and enjoy this button sculpture of Piano in front of my eyes.

No comments:
Post a Comment