Sunday, March 9, 2014


ICEHOTEL in Sweden  


The ice hotel, which is located in Sweden is the world largest and first hotel that is made of snow. It can take up to 50.000 visitors. In my opinion, this is one of the places where everyone should visit to have a life time experience. Making a hotel which is build by an ice is a great idea, because it represents the theme of the particular country. Sweden is very famous with its coldness and skiing resorts, so this is a unique way to have a something that will describe the country for the visitors from all over the countries. The hotel is closed during spring and summer, because they need to reconstruct. Now, how do they reconstruct? They have the snow and ice harvested in a cold storage during  spring and summer. People can only stay in this Ice hotel during December till mid of April. When the ice slowly turns to melt it returned to be the Torn River. ICEHOTEL 5,500 square meter according the hotel website. Based on website of the hotel is constructed from 1000  of ton river ice and 30,000 tones of “snice”, a mixture of snow. They have mostly invited artist to design patterns of the hotel.

The ICEHOTEL is very beautiful work of art. The architecture, design and idea gives the hotel modern look. First looking at the hotel you would not think that it is made of ice, because each design that is made on the walls is carved very accurate and softly.

In ICEHOTEL every item is made of ice. The chairs, beds, lamps, windows and etc.
The window separates from the walls. The artists who designed the interior design has accurately made the sense of having a window.



I remember myself being a kid and trying to make a snowman out of snow and I was getting frustrated, because I was not able to really attach them together. Now I see this flowers, glass and tables made out of snow  and even though I can see it in front of my eyes but I still believe that it is impossible to make. It means they achieved the high professionalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment